Monday, April 30, 2007

The Bean

Last Friday we went on a field trip to the Chicago Art Institute. On the way there I had to read the directions. Thanks to me we didn't get lost. After we parked and walked all the way to the front of the Art Institute we remembered we left our lunch in the car! So we ran and got our lunch and we were still a little early.

The rest of my day in the museum was pretty cool. Well, except when we got lost. It is very easy to get lost, it is a huge place. But in the end we finally found our way out.

Even though we got lost we still had enough time to see The Bean in Millennium Park. This bean was created by Anish Kapoor. It is made from eighteen tons of steel and is twenty feet tall, thirty feet wide and sixty feet long in the shape of a bean. You can go under it and all around it. I liked that when you look into the bean you see yourself and everything around you but it looks different. Like in a fun house mirror. I like the creativity of it.


Besides getting lost, I had a really fun day.

Faith



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool BEAN!! I'm glad you had a good time-culture-culture is important-your mom is doing good. Just think-without you there, your mom would have gotten lost. Way to go, Faith!!