Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Lemon Velvet Cake

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and, of course, I wanted to make her a birthday cake. She wanted a lemon velvet cake. So I made her one. It is one of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted! So here are the ingredients and how I made it.

1 package lemon cake mix
1 package lemon instant pudding
¾ cup salad oil
1 cup of water
3 eggs

First preheat the oven to 350. Then mix all the ingredients together until it looks smooth. Pour the batter into greased 9x11 pan. Cook for 30 minutes.

Icing:
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Mix these together after the cake is done and warm in the microwave. drizzle over the cake.
Enjoy!

I hope you like the cake as much as I did.
Faith

5 comments:

Bill Curley said...

Wow. even I would eat that. Sounds reallyu good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Faith that sounds really yummy!! Do you want to come and see granny? Tell your mom!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering...did you send some to us in the mail? Sure sounds tasty!

Anonymous said...

Faith-need some new blog-I'm missing reading your posts!! Today is April 13th-I love you, pretty girl!!

Anonymous said...

My sweet wife (Aunt B) made this for me for MY birthday on Saturday. It was awesome! Thanks!