Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bird Nest

Last Saturday it was really nice outside. So, of course my mom was out in the backyard. There were a lot of twigs and straw by our grill. My mom open it up and there inside was a gigantic bird nest!

For the past few weeks my mom and dad have been constantly clearing all the straw and stuff out of the grill. They didn't know that a bird wanted to live there! This last time we just left the nest alone.

My parents told us to not bother the nest.

On Monday my brother and sister went out and opened the lid of the grill. In the nest was a small, blue robin's egg. My mom went on the computer and read about robin eggs. Would you think that a blue jay would eat a robin's egg? Well they do, and crows too. We have seen some suspicious black birds out in the yard but we don't know if they are crows or black birds. We just hope no egg-eating birds get the eggs.

Faith

P.S(I conviced my dad to go take a picture of the egg and he lightly tapped on the grill, just to make sure she wasn't in there, and she flew off squaking! But he did get this picture of the nest.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY COOL!! Robins eggs are my favorite because of their beautiful color. Thank you for the picture of the grill nest with the beautiful eggs!

Kathryn Egly said...

What a cool treasure to find!