Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Book Review- The Whipping Boy


I just finished reading The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman. This book is set in medieval times and is about a prince and his whipping boy. The heir to the throne could not be whipped when he misbehaved. So they picked a boy from the street and he would be whipped whenever the prince was naughty. The prince is called prince brat in the book so you can imagine his whipping boy got lots of whippings!! One day the prince decides to run away to cause turmoil. He asks the whipping boy to come with him. They go off on an adventure but I am not going to tell you any more you will just have to read it yourself!! It was a great book and I highly recommend it!!

Faith

5 comments:

Jackson said...

Awesome report, Faith!! The book sounds very interesting. I'm going to have Jack check out your blog and see what he thinks too. Well done! p.s. We all LOVED the Star Wars symphony--Sam and Luke couldn't stop laughing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I might have to read that book-it sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Great story! I can imagine how much that kid got whipped on his behind.

Kathryn Egly said...

Sounds like a good book! I can't wait till I get to read to my son!

Kathryn Egly said...

Sounds like a good book! I can't wait till I get to read to my son!