Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Williamson Lake

Camp was so much fun! But I'm glad to be back home.

One of the most fun things at camp was the lake.

Lake Williamson was no ordinary lake! It had water slides and a lot of other stuff. There was a zip line, something called the blob, and some other fun things.

The zip line was a long wire that is really far above the water. You hold onto this bar and go along the wire until the person at the deck clangs the bell. When the person clangs the bell, you have to let get go and drop into the water. When I did this I got a lot of icky lake water up my nose!

Then there was the blob. I didn't actually go on the blob, but I can still tell you about it. It was a big long blow up thing in the water. Someone would go down to the end where the hole was and another person would jump of a high deck on the front of the blob and the person on the end would go flying into the lake.

Yet another blow up thing was the ice berg. Now I did try this one but did not succeed on getting on. the ice berg was pyramid shaped and had lots of handles on three sides of it. The third side was smooth. if you reached the top, you could slide down the smooth side.

Another thing to do on the lake was to go canoeing. Canoeing, I found, was not an easy thing. My canoeing partner, Jenae, kept telling me to put my oars in the boat because I was paddling on the wrong side. I have to admit, the lake was great!




Faith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome back! Glad to see you blogging again. The lake sounds like SO much fun. We used to go to a church camp in Texas when I was your age, but they didn't have any cool stuff like that. All we ended up doing was fishing, which was fun, but nothing like the zip line!

Good stuff, Faith, keep it coming!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yay Faith!! Glad to see some blog-your granny has turned into a blog junkie! Sounds like you had a good time. Like your Uncle Keith said-we used to go to church campin Tx-at the HEB camp-it was alot of fun. It was either your dad or your Uncle Keith that got a tick on their chest-never a dull moment!