Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Book Review: The Golem's Eye

I just finished book two of the Bartimaeus trilogy; The Golem's Eye. This book is by Jonathan Stroud and takes place in England.

The main characters in this book are Bartimaeus( a djinni), Nathanial a young magician, and a girl named Kitty Jones.

Mass chaos is going through England, an unknown figure is destroying big tourist attractions and the mysterious Resistance has unleashed a crazed afrit( a powerful djinni) who is killing people at random. Nathanial's career is on a thin thread as he fights to gain power.

I am glad I am reading the books in order, because if I wasn't, I would have no clue who or what anybody was. I like these books for their continuous excitement. I would definitely recommend them, but you should read them in order. The first book is called The Amulet of Samarkand.

Faith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds pretty exciting. You read some good books, Faith, I think I need to start following your recommendations.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very good book, I may have to read it, BTW, you have an aunt "Kitty Jones", She doesn't go by that any more, but that is what we called her in school. Now she goes by Catherine Brackens.