Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Key Lime Cove














What an awesome Christmas present! For our gift from our parents, we got to spend three watery days at an indoor water park. This was the first time I had left my puppy for longer than a day, I really missed her.( Well, I had too much fun to REALLY miss her.)

On Christmas morning, we, meaning my family and me, opened our Christmas presents and packed up our van to head to Gurnee, Illinois. When we got there we got checked in and walked 2 miles to our room that was on the other side of the hotel.( Not really.) The water park had three tube slides and two body slides. ( We were really sore after both the slides and the tubes.) I think every one's favorite slide, except for my brother Joshi who wasn't tall enough to ride it, was the Vortex.

This slide started out in a steep tube that went into an open " toilet bowl" as my siblings called it. Everyone wanted to go on it with my dad. Going on the Vortex with him was like, well, flying. We would go around at top speed, almost spilling out of the bowl. Then, your tube gets twisted back wards and you are sent shooting through the rest of the slide.

There was also a lazy river and a wave pool. ( The lazy river was frequently went on by me.) On several occasions we managed to acquire three double tubes, so that when going down the lazy river, we blocked it and the only way to keep moving was if the little hands that held us all together would just let go. ( This meaning Kylee and Seth, who held on to all three of the doubled tubes at once making it hard to pass between the walls of the river.)


On the second day we were there, in the evening we went down to the ice cream shop inside the water park. During the eating of the ice cream, my mom snatched Kylee's new video camera and took a hilarious video. ( Click here to see the video!)

I had so much fun just hanging out and spending time with my family!

Faith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Pictures!! Glad to see you back on the blog Faith!

Mike Jones said...

Nice job kiddo! Cool pics and log of your adventure... love hanging out with you!

Keep it up!

Kathryn Egly said...

I liked your pictures and the story of your Water Park adventures! I hope to go there one day - you made it sound so fun!